Pages

03 October 2012

Corruption within!

Last week, I walked into the Income Tax officer's office and with my head hung in shame, handed him an envelope of the bribe that the auditor negotiated with him from the initial Rs 50,000/- that he asked for.  I ultimately handed him half what he had initially asked for.  I was told by all those with experience and wisdom to cough it up rather than resist - even if there was nothing wrong or faulty on our part.  However, I showed no sign of pleasure or esteem for him during my short stay in his office.  He did try to make some small talk, but I was in no mood for it.

Time and again, there is this strong temptation to curse him (of course silently).  But somehow the feeling he will get what he deserves (whatever it be, good or bad) even without me uttering a curse, consoles me and prevents me from letting him meddle with my peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...