Pages

08 October 2012

Where to... ?

I went to the hospital to 'finish up' with this lump under my ear, which has been irritating me for quite a while now. Unfortunately it wasn't to be.  The doctor who was supposed to operate upon me fell sick!  I'd have to report again on Wednesday, hopefully. 

While at the lab, and later, waiting for nearly two hours, I could not but help watch several people come to the hospital with bag and baggage.  Most of them looked like they were from Orissa. The bag and baggage suggested that they were prepared to spend some time in town because most probably their loved ones were or would be in the hospital for some time.  The immediate thought that crossed my mind: what of those who cannot afford to come all the way from Orissa and cough up the hefty hospital bills?  

What if the one who was to do the surgery on me (mine being the most ridiculous of all!) was to do some urgent operation for one of these? Would they also end up waiting for a couple of days?  I surely had my vehicle to get me back home and a home that was atleast reachable within two hours of travel.  What of these people? Where'd they go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...