Pages

21 October 2012

No chairs

Being Mission Sunday, the Gospel of the day was about James and John asking Jesus for special privileged places in 'His' Kingdom.  I had the joy of attending Mass in the Shrine of Madonna, Matunga - a place where I spent one beautiful year (about 8 years ago).  Coming back to the Shrine and attending Mass brought back to my mind those lovely memories and some of those incidents.  The one that came most vividly to my mind was that of Fr Ronnie, my Rector who passed away just a few weeks ago. God rest his soul.

Anyway, speaking about the apostles asking for special places in the kingdom, Jesus answers, "Surely. Why not? You certainly can be on my right and my left." And after a short pause adds, "However, one small thing I need to add. There are no chairs up there!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...