Pages

18 October 2012

Prayer as life

The morning's meditation talk was centred on prayer.  Fr Maria Charles did try to tread the thin line of hallucination and devotion and try to make prayer as something that helps us come and accept reality rather than treat prayer as a ticket to another utopian world.  Listening to him and his examples from the life of Don Bosco, I was thinking to myself, prayer often is something so compartmentalised in my life. It is something that is normally restricted to the chapel or in times of need.  I do believe that prayer affects life, but does prayer become life itself?  Perhaps that is what differentiates us from stalwarts like Don Bosco.  If only I can pray all the time and I certainly don't mean sitting in the chapel with my eyes closed and hands joined.  If only I can commune with God always rather than make Him an occasional visitor in my busy schedule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...