Pages

11 October 2012

Starting afresh, healing wounds...

After much delay and scouting for opportunities, I grabbed time this evening to meet the Brothers to access and quash some of the simmering going on in the community which have held the whole peaceful and joyful ambiance at ransom. I sincerely prayed that the best for the whole community may emerge, rather than me saving my skin or in the process of reconciling the staff and the students, widen the rift.  Now that we collectively spoke it out, I'm glad that at least it is out in the open and - hopefully - not festering anymore within.

If I were to summarise the sharing of the students it is basically a difficulty of adjusting to the new staff. Add to that some gossip and loose talk and we have a perfect recipe for a 'civil war'.  I began the discussion by speaking as a member of the community - not as Dean or Administrator - who is adversely affected by the vitiated atmosphere prevailing in the community for the past few weeks.  On my part I also acknowledged that my physical absence from the community and the resulting lack of involvement in the community affairs had indeed been a very negative influence on the community.

We ended on a note, wherein I exhorted - I explicitly told that I am not demanding or expecting, just a fraternal call - to personally take responsibility for what I do and believe in rather than wait for some models.  The final decision we collectively arrived at - or I helped us arrive at - was to individually do what I can do best, not just for myself but for the whole community as well and that too not just with today or this moment in mind, but the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...