Pages

06 March 2009

Lenten fasting and feasting...

It's already three b'day celebrations that have gone by and we're still in the first week of Lent. Gathering for such celebrations, is always sort of funny. There are some who convincingly deny any non-vegetarian food or drinks or special items of the day - some don't turn up at all. There are others who battle out the 'moral' 'Christian' dilemma of Lenten practices and personal preferences. But what they ultimately decide to do or follow, is somewhat tinted with a sort of uneasiness.

Somehow, I feel very comfortable amidst all of this. If I decide to join a celebartion, I join whole-heartedly. I'd be there for that person and share in his joy. Rather than feel guilty about restraining myself and indulging myself, I go by what is most conducive. I'd prefer to eat meat and get up next morning and go to Church with a clear mind and conscience than deny eating what is laid before me and think about it the whole meditation time next morning!!

I know it is not the best of all practices but that is how I feel and go about. Of course, the best and first thing is to firmly decide what celebration is worth, especially in this season of prayer, fasting and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...