Pages

25 March 2009

Faith'ful'

What faith Mother Mary had that led her to believe in the words of the angel! She had no prior notice, no preparation. She led just an ordinary life of a Jewish girl, and like everyone else, waited for the Messiah. and there appears this angel with this bizarre message.

Trying to relive her state of mind, I can imagine what it would be if today an angel appears to me and tells me to adopt a baby boy as it is Jesus, in his second coming! Like any Catholic, I too am aware of the parousia, but am I really ready for such a task? Would I really believe? Right now, I hardly have any reasons to tell myself, to convince myself that this is true!

In the movie, Evans Almighty, when asked what makes him so sure that God chose him to build an ark, in this age in the city of New York, he replies, "God chose all of us!"

Now that requires faith. It is not just some basic belief or trust, it demands much more than that. I myself feel incompetent to write more as I do not have any inkling what that would entail. Just his morning's meditation of this imaginary message for me itself was too handful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...