Pages

03 September 2016

Consecrated life and Salesian life

For quite sometime now, especially since the recent SAFC meet wherein the emphasis on Salesian life as a life of consecration, as something 'different' from being priests and brothers, I have been asking myself: How is it that I never came across this idea before?  How come, I never understood this distinction earlier? Or is it that I was never ever told about this all my years of early formation? I really have my doubts.

Had been reading and re-reading the document prepared by Fr Ivo and Fr Silvio about Consecrated life and the Salesian Brother today. Like it for the clarity of thought.  As stated above, it is really new to me!!

Pope Francis observes that religious are marked not so much by their radicality as by their being prophets, witnesses, signs:
I am counting on you 'to wake  up the world', since the distinctive sign of consecrated life is prophecy. As I told the Superiors General: 'Radical evangelical living is not only for religious; it is demanded of everyone. But religious follow the Lord in a special way, in a prophetic way.' This is the priority that is needed right now: 'to be prophets who witness to how Jesus lived on this earth...' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...