Pages

20 September 2013

Spiritual adultery

Beautiful words from the people's Pope: 
We shepherds are not men with the psychology of princes – ambitious men, who espouse this Church while awaiting another, more beautiful and richer. But this is a scandal! Imagine that a man confesses, saying, 'I am married and I live with my wife, but I continually look at a woman who is more beautiful than her; is this a sin, Father?' The Gospel tells us that this is the sin of adultery. Is there such thing as 'spiritual adultery'? I don't know, think about it yourselves. Do not await another more beautiful, more important, richer Church. Do not fall into the trap of careerism! It is a form of cancer! (emphasis added)
This guy knows what he is talking because he lives that simple austere and straight life! Thanks for inspiring us, dear Francis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...