Pages

09 November 2012

That I teach or that they learn?

Last week I began classes for the second semester, in particular the most challenging subject this semester that I have on my hands is Philosophy of Religion.  Better prepared for it than any other subject, I found myself asking this question repeatedly: What is more important: that I teach or the students learn?

Hence rather than focus on my teaching I emphasize the students learn. Frankly speaking I need not teach but ensure that students learn well.  That would truly be an enriching experience for the students.  (For me too, for that would involve ways and means of getting them to do it, all by themselves without me 'wasting time' lecturing - which of course, is the easiest method of all)...   and in this whole process, all of us learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...