Pages

07 November 2012

Getting done vs doing it oneself

This Sunday we are organising the Youth Day for the youngsters of the neighbourhood.  I was asked to animate it but I politely declined because I wanted the Brothers themselves to learn to animate rather than watch and be mere recipients all the time. Now that is easier said than done!

As I guide the Brothers to prepare for the same I realise, it is far easier for me to do it myself than get someone else to do it.  I've to be calm and gentle with them because they are doing it for the first time: they are more frightened than excited about it.  I've to be careful not to trounce their ideas or suggestions for after all it is they who would be standing before the crowd and animating them.  However good my idea may be, I just cannot expect them to be at ease with it and if they are not comfortable with it, how can they pass on the message effectively to the youth.  Add to all of these, the time I got to spend with them - enormous!

Yet I got to do it, for I believe that is formation and guidance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...