Pages

07 June 2018

Vocation to love

An interesting passage from the reflections of St Theresa of Lisieux, in the context of trying to discern her vocation.  In the context of the many roles and duties and the diversity of vocations she finds herself surrounded with, she tries to sift through them all to see what ultimately is her true vocation.  She finds it in the letter of St Paul when he lists the different possible ways to fulfill one's calling and the different graces.  However, he concludes stating love as the most perfect of all gifts. 
Finally I found the answer! ... Charity gave me the key to my vocation ... I understood that only love made the members of the Church do what they do: that if Love should die out, the apostles would no longer announce the Gospel, the martyrs would refuse to spill their blood... I understood that love embraces all vocations, that love was everything, that love embraced all times and every place... In brief, that love is eternal! Well in the fullness of my delirious joy I cried out: Oh Jesus, my Love!  I have finally found my vocation! ... My vocation is LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...