Pages

14 February 2018

Directionless Growth?

Does growth involve direction?

If it does then come judgements, gradation, hierarchy, standards...
If not, then every change is growth. 

But the point in a spiritual journey is not where I should be but what path should I take. So when I realize that I am living a selfish narcissistic ego-centric life, I wish to grow out of it.  That does not mean that I will aim for a totally non-emotional impassionate existence.  Even if I do, and at some point of my life attain it, I will realize that this present state is also not really helpful.  The journey then begins again.  Most often we aim for the other extreme but find or strike a balance somewhere halfway.  Now at that moment of beginning the change, the 'growth', I do not have a definite idea of where that 'halfway' is.  All I have is an insight that the present state is not it! 

However, isn't that 'other extreme' a direction?  Perhaps in one sense but no different than reaching a place covered with thick fog, having a sort of momentary black out and then setting off in the 'opposite' direction.  Are you really sure that it is the opposite direction?

Perhaps in these moments it all boils down to what is it that is important for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...