Pages

02 October 2015

At St Theresa's

I visited my home parish of St Theresa's, Sanathnagar this morning, accompanying my boys who were invited to play the band for the procession.  My first impression: the Church was more packed on Sundays than today, the feast day.  Perhaps people were yet to reach in time for the Mass.  However, the scant population was not really any sign of feast.  On the other hand, if it lends to meaningful celebration, rather than a mere noisy festivity, then it is fine with me.
I had a good opportunity to spend some time in personal prayer in the Church when most of the congregation was on its procession lap.  So it was  a good combination: half the Mass (English Mass after 4 months!) and half an hour in prayer.

To top it up, I got to meet my people from home.  It was good to see them all, especially, the two little ones.  I also happened to meet a couple of my former students, now well settled in life.  It was they who saw me and came to meet.  I'm beginning to understand that there is quite a strong presence of my former students, here in Hyderabad, besides the next campus itself (diocesan theologate!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...