Pages

30 September 2015

Addicted to Tom Sawyer, getting the fence painted!

My first taste of reading was quite addictive... thanks to Enid Blyton and the Famous Five series. When I exhausted them in the Parish library, I widened my reading.  But soon I joined the aspirantate at Gunadala and that's where I got hold of Tom Sawyer and Huck!!  That really was some reading. And if I began to jot down some salient points from my reading, it was thanks to Mark Twain and the library system of that time.

You see, we could not borrow books more than two at a time and that too for two weeks only. But there was Tom Sawyer and particularly that episode of him painting the fence - or rather getting the fence paited... I just couldn't stop reading and re-reading that over and over again.  By the end of the week I had to return the book.  But I still wasn't satisfactorily finished reading that section... so?  Simple! I wrote that down in my favourite diary, so that I could read it any number of times, anytime without having the original book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...