Pages

05 June 2014

Taking stock and a stance!

My arrival here at Karunapuram means heavy baggage!  Literally speaking I travel light and am indeed happy to do so: whether that is for a two-day seminar or a change of house!  However, the baggage I claim to be heavy is not of mine but of the students.  I very well am aware that my notoriety precedes me.  For good or for bad, my students 'warn' the others about me.  At times it is a great source of amusement; at other times, it is a heavy responsibility.  However, I don't think I'll be anything or anyone else than who and what I am.

I very well know that I'm a task master.  I demand much of my students and they detest me for that.  But I've also seen, over the years, most of them get back to me, later (of course) with a deep sense of gratitude and appreciation for being so.  They proudly and joyfully accept being my students and most importantly having been inspired by me.  Besides being a source of encouragement, it is a constant challenge for me to be true to my God and my conscience.  I also need to constantly keep in mind the larger picture of life and reality than merely 'formation'.

As I begin my new academic year in a new community, I entrust myself and all my community members to Mother Mary... she knows best.  I only pray that I say and do what is the best for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...