Pages

09 December 2010

Mission day auction

We just concluded our Mission Sunday auction... though the middle name does not fit in for the day, it was held today, for constraints of time and mood earlier. I'm glad it went on well. The Brothers too were well behaved and responsive. No one played the fool or tried to act smart. All were sincere and open in their bidding. It was good.

However, I desisted from any bidding except twice. Somehow I did not have the heart to throw away money for something as cheap as a t-shirt or a Bible cover! I felt I had better means of reaching out and helping the missions. But I did bid twice more to encourage participation and raise the spirit of competition. Of course, the Brothers too were keen on dumping something on to me - they did it at the first opportunity! But on the whole, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...