Pages

15 December 2010

Communicating Don Bosco

Sometime ago, I came across the minutes or news report of the recently concluded BOSCOM - now Don Bosco Communications - meeting held at Kolkata. One of their conclusions and firm one at that, was the production of a feature film on Don Bosco. Now that's quite an idea!! Frankly speaking I don't like it! I am not for it, even. My reasons are simple: What is the whole objective of this mega project, when we have neither competence nor skill nor the necessary resources (we are not going to gain any monetary benefit from it, for sure)? Even if the answer is a simple: 'to make known Don Bosco across the country', I have a problem. What after we have made known? I somehow feel we have a tendency to create a hype and once the hype is created we do not know what to do with it. Rather I prefer that we are recognised for the works we do - besides blowing our own trumpet! People must see us as men of God with a passion for youth... through our activities, animations, interventions, institutions and most importantly through our very lives.

On the other hand, this reaction of mine could be due to my 'fear and anxiety' about 'mega-projects'. I really feel best with some minor but incisive efforts which touch lives rather than effect a mere 'wow'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...