Pages

25 July 2018

Eleven stars

In my bedroom, on the ceiling are eleven stars!  Well they are those flourescent stickers that glow in the dark.  During the day or when the light is on, I cannot even see the stickers but when the lights are off and it is dark, those glow bright!  I don't remember when was the last time I glanced up at the night sky - other than last night.  But these eleven stars (I presume they were stuck up there by the former occupant of the room) are a soothing effect on days when I do notice them while lying in bed.  Most often I do not notice even these.  Luckily I can sleep off in a wink but there are times when I've slept through the day and therefore sleep eludes me at night.  Watching these stars above makes me feel I'm not the only one in the universe.  That there are far more interesting and challenging things in the world than what is presently occupying my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...