Pages

08 June 2013

No slips?!

On my first day of my MA exams, it was a real experience.  I was the only one in the hall of 39 of us who was not busy juggling slips of paper and books, brought in illegally to copy!  Practically everyone, including the ladies and the elderly gentlemen (they were the worst for this), had brought in bits of paper, some handwritten, others micro-xeroxed (this seems to be the profit making business of exam seasons with the photocopiers!), some blatantly opening the resource books themselves! The height of this drama unfolding around me, was when the invigilator approached me about half an hour before closing time and in a soft voice asked me, "Didn't you bring any slips?" I merely smiled and said, I didn't want to.  He was quite surprised.  So much for honesty!

And you might ask how come I knew about all the others in the hall... well, I was not at all prepared for the exam myself.  Of the five questions I was supposed to answer, I knew the answers only for two of them (but that didn't prevent me from attempting the rest!).  Looks like I wrote more sensible stuff here in this post than for a couple of the answers in the answer sheet that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...