Pages

28 June 2013

Hole te cat

Try figuring out this: hole te cat.

Any idea what that means... and by the way that is English!

Well, the other day I asked one of the first year students, whom I often found distracted in class, to show me his class notes of methodology (my subject).  That day in class I had spoken to them about things they need to keep in mind while preparing and giving an exam (both in the written form as well as the oral  form).

I found the above said "language" in his notes under the 'Exams' title. I asked him what it meant. He looked at it for a while and then blabbered something. He again looked at his own writing and then said that it means how to hold the pen (the next line consisted of only one word, 'pen'). So according to him it (his own notes) read 'instructions to hold a pen during an exam'.

And just for all to know what actually I meant and he heard but mis-spelt is 'HALL TICKET'.

One need not think hard to imagine what would be the fate of philosophy and all that stuff, if the fate of hall ticket is such! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...