Pages

19 June 2013

Battling God and His foot soldiers!

I began my classes on Philosophy of God this morning with the third course students. In the first hour itself, I got a taste of what I am ready for and am dying to encounter - a stiff resistance to anything even slightly different from already known and 'convinced' facts about God... leave alone question some of those aspects. My students know well my teaching method and hence they already 'know' that I will tickle them, but when I really do, then they squirm and gnash and blush and what not.  But I also know that they will not shy away from challenging me on those issues.  I only wish that they take it outside the class notes, into their heart and living.  That philosophizing God not remain a purely academic endeavour but one transforming experience. It has truly benefited me much and I hope it will do them too a great deal of good... that they (either willingly or be forced to) shake their foundation or well formed ideas of God, faith and spirituality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...