Pages

11 June 2013

God with children

Among the things that I barely managed to glance through (yeah, that's actually all that I manage for what is normally called 'study' in preparation for exam) for my MA exam today, this quote of Rabindranath Tagore caught my attention.  And guess what... the question related to this quote was in the answer paper.  And I didn't even read the option provided for that.  The quotation about religion and God is very beautiful.
From the solemn gloom of the temple children run out to sit in the dust; God watches them play and forgets the priest. 
Truly touching.  Speaks volumes about our mode of worship, attitude towards prayer, spirituality and of course, another set of volumes on God too!
Here's something that I came across while trying to find the source of the quote above... Fireflies by Rabindranath Tagore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...