Pages

05 January 2009

Kids again...

This evening during the Mass I read the reading and proclaimed St John's caution of testing the spirits. I came back to my place and sure enough there was some confusion going on as a couple with at least 4 kids came in. There were a couple of noisy brats already in the Shrine and being big with a small number of people, every bit of sound was amplified! So now there were half a dozen kids who had no idea of what was going on or what they were supposed to do (I think the Parents too were no better).

Anyway, one of the Parishioners tried to silence some of them - but no way, the kids knew no masters! I, for sure, was distracted. Once or twice, it also occurred to me, to scoop one one of them and make them sit beside me. But I resisted the temptation to play 'assistant'. I was then wondering: how do I see if this whole 'drama' going on is right or wrong? Applying the principle suggested by St John, if the Spirit proclaims Jesus and accepts him, it is good; if not, it is bad. Can I really apply that principle to the kids and their commotion? Is it, true or error?

I really do not have the answer. But I think it is only a fact... bare fact! Nothing big to debate about it... they are just kids playing around. It is ony me who am making an issue out of it saying that they are in the 'Church', the need to be silent, praying...

Maybe not everything in life is to be distinguished as true or false. There are certain facts that just are facts... just like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...