Pages

06 January 2009

Disconnecting for priorities...

I was regularly following Cast into the deep by Brittany, a postulant for the FMAs (thanks to google reader). Today I found this and I sincerely appreciate her choice and reasoning for the same:
Since I am teaching high school confirmation this year, most of my free time has been spent researching and preparing lessons, as opposed to blogging. (High schoolers are very smart!) I have to be honest with myself as to where I am investing my time, and lately, I have not felt any desire to blog. It is not that I do not enjoy blogging, but I feel like I am stealing time away from other obligations when I do so.
Reflecting upon my own decision to blog, I find that to make myself relevant and meaningful to myself - not to anybody else - I have to keep writing and thinking. Given my present state of life, it is very easy to slip into the mere administration mode even without realising it.

However, this sharing of Brittany and the blogger's prayer (at the right bottom of this blog), remind me of my choice to move more out of the office than get glued to the paper, computer and files. Thanks to Brittany and her choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...