Pages

21 August 2015

The RO water purifier

I did some online research about the RO water purifier system we have installed here in the community for safe drinking water. I was led to this purely aghast at the amount of water being wasted from the purifying plant. I basically wanted to know how best to use the waste water discarded. None of the sites I visited ever spoke of any means of utilizing the water. All those whom I asked told me that it cannot be used for anything sensitive... not even washing clothes, leave alone watering the garden or bathing!

Today's paper carries a small write up by a common housewife on the disadvantages of installing an RO system. Basically she was citing the moral issue of wasting precious water in a country like India which is already classified under 'water stressed'. What of those who have already installed a 2000 litre plant? Install another tank to collect and use it to wash the cowshed and the school verandahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...