Pages

27 August 2015

Goodness boomerangs!

In contrast to the rosary recital in Karunapuram, here at Punganur there is a literal verbal fight to pray the first part of the 'Hail Mary', every night! Add to that the fact that these boys are all Hindus!! The verbal fight is a very tenacious one with no one willing to give up their chance, even till the ninth 'Hail Mary'! Or else the Brother has to intervene and literally plead with a couple of the boys to let someone else continue. Rather than dampen or come down heavily on their enthusiasm, I devised a plan to channelize it to something constructive. So a couple of days ago, I announced during the night prayers, that only those who consciously do atleast one good act during the day, should lead the rosary.

Imagine my surprise the next night when there were more contestants than before to recite the first part of the prayer! And each of them had already informed me the good they had done during the day – without me asking them or telling them to report it to me! I guess that's why 'the Kingdom belongs to such as these!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...