Pages

07 March 2014

English exam in summer!

The English answer papers are on my table... Here's a sneak peek (I'll try to be as verbatim as possible, unless the computer makes the changes automatically!):

Combine the two sentences using a conjunction

  • He was punished. He was guilty. [A] He was punished therefore he was guilty. 
  • I will come. I am not ill. [A] Though I am not ill, I will come. [another answer] I will come so I am not ill. 
  • He has been wounded. He was cheerful. [A] He has been wonded because he remained cheerful. 




Write this in a proper question form: You went to Kolkata in February?

  • When did you go to Kolkata in february? 
  • in which mounth you go kolkata? 
  • You went to kolkata on the february?

Sorrowy to here about it. (Let me 'translate' that for you: It is a response to a death news! And I suppose he meant, 'Sorry to hear about it').

Catch me so that you can. (The statement was: Catch me _____ you can)


Here are some sample sentences from the section which said: Write a sensible paragraph (only 60-70 words) on 'Summer season':

  • In the Lent season we can know how the sun it is. 
  • lent season begins in lent season. 
  • summer season is very beautyful spring.
  • when I see a summer season, firest of all i remember my childhood mamaries...
  • I enjoy my summer holyday with my borthers... 

A student wrote a string of words related to summer, one below the other.  I couldn't make out why would he write mere words, till I read my own instruction for the umpteenth time... this time trying to see how he would have read it ... (only 60-70 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...