Pages

30 March 2013

Why me?

Over the last year I have had to take care of someone who is not psychologically sound (at times) or atleast always be on the alert for signs of tripping on medicine or any signs of highs and lows, which subsequently lead to a dramatic outburst.  Sometimes I found asking myself, why me?  Could not have someone else this 'duty'?  However, one thing that silenced all these questions was the fact that he was one who early on in my formation process guided me, long time ago. Furthermore, he is now family and in the family we do not calculate care and concern.

Sitting this morning for meditation, another 'reason' flashed across my mind.  There is a scene in the Telugu movie 'Anjali', wherein the two children ask their father as to why, of all families and houses, did they (parents) have to get Anjali (the youngest who is mentally challenged) to their house?  The father after a pause replies, "When God wanted to send Anjali on this earth, he looked out for a loving family which would take care of his special child.  He wanted her to have an elder brother who would take care of her, a sister who would play with her and a mother who would love her very much. And he found us! That's why Anjali is with us."

Perhaps this is one way I can put to use the abundant graces God has bestowed upon me... by sharing them, with others, especially those not so blessed as me.

Thank you Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...