Pages

26 March 2013

I am not the same everywhere!

Being in the thick of exams, I asked the Brothers not to wander about anywhere and sit anywhere for their study.  I told them to stay put in the study hall or at the most on the veranda outside.  This was primarily to get them used to a particular method of study which involves concentration and getting used to a particular place.  All along the year they sit in the study hall, only during exam times they would like to sit on the terrace, under the stairs, beside the auditorium, under the jackfruit tree...

One of them asked me why can't they study anywhere, anyhow they want to?  I replied, not because any place is good or bad, I just don't trust you guys to make use of any place for study.  I was reminded of an anecdote which was said about someone insisting on going to the forest to pray.  When asked why didn't he pray in his house or in the common place of worship, citing that God is the same everywhere, he replied, "God is the same everywhere, it is I who am not the same everywhere!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...