Pages

31 March 2013

Redeemed??

As usual, Rabbi had something to tickle me this Holy Week.  He sent me a note sometime earlier this week and it read...
If we want other to believe in our redeemer, why don't we look bit redeemed ourselves? 
Reminds me of witness value and the Easter joy that we Christians are called to embody. Not so much as a penance or a duty but because that is the natural outcome of placing our trust in Christ.

For me Easter is always a matter of personal experience.  No matter how many times I read the Gospels or watch the movie or listen to the sermon about the whole passion and death and resurrection of the Lord, nothing counts greater than my own personal experience of Him.  Sans the latter, nothing makes real sense.  However I also do admit, I 'know' it more than I have it! I wish I could truly say the other way round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...