Pages

10 September 2012

Reminiscing Goa

Br James Marcus was good enough to pick me up from the station and the community of Fatorda - of which I had heard so much - was generous to accommodate me for a whole day.  When I found some time I walked down down the road to have a feel of the Goan scene.  The first thing I noticed was the red laterite stone that is found everywhere.  It is used in the construction of walls everywhere.  It reminded me of Mangalore... my hometown.  Furthermore all the old compound walls are so old and covered with moss and ferns, it presents a lovely picture... again something akin to Mangalore houses.  

The little that I've seen of Goa, mainly the central roads and not the interiors, it appears more or less like a growing modern town itself.  I suppose deviating a bit from the mainline into the interior places would  certainly bring forth the Goan flavour.

Hope the meeting and my stay here permits that ... at least a glimpse!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...