Pages

08 April 2011

Lump of God

A couple of things that distracted me during the Way of the Cross this evening...
  • Instead of "Lord Jesus, crucified..." at the end of each station of the cross, a couple of them concluded: "Lord Jesus, has crucified..."
  • 'Lamb of God' was read out as 'Lump of God'!
Later during supper Fr KT added another such one of from his practical training days:
While at Eranjalakuda the boys were expected to speak only in English, that too in complete sentences, a boy desperate to go for his needs approached Fr KT (then Br KT) and stood wriggling before him, hoping the Brother would understand and give him permission to go. Br KT did not even take notice. Then his hissed, "Brother." Someone helped him, "Say 'Excuse me Brother'" The boy addressed Br KT and said, "Excuse me Brother, ... toilet!" No response from Brother. "Excuse me, Brother. Please, go to toilet!" Br KT replied, "I'm fine. I do not want to go to toilet." Understanding that he needed to state HIS need, the boy tried again. "Excuse me Brother. Please, go to toilet... for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...