Pages

26 April 2011

It's all in the name...

Each person's name is all that one possesses close to his or her heart all life long. I've known some who desist their name, but generally people love their names and would not liked to be called by any other name than their own. Jesus in His first appearance after Resurrection, to Mary Magdalene, calls out her name. It is then that she recognises Him. In fact, prior to it, she sees Him (but fails to realise it is Jesus); she hears Him ask a string of three questions, yet she does not realise it is Him. But that one word, her name, uttered by the One whom she loved so dearly, opened her eyes and she instantly recognises Him!

I've always tried to follow this advice given to me before I began my practical training - I forget who is the one who offered me this invaluable piece of advice - never to call a boy by any other name than his own. No calling him names or using nicknames and all... just plain direct name. Several of the Brothers have always thanked me for this. Even when their own companions or some staff members have always used funny names to refer or call him out, I always used their proper name. It does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...