Pages

17 April 2011

Jesus 'my' Messiah?

Fr Sivam Vijay Bhaskar in his introduction to the procession with the holy palms pointed out that when the Jews initially welcomed Jesus into Jerusalem with hosannas and palm leaves, they indeed were welcoming the Messiah. They were sure that He was the One. And so Fr Bhaskar reminded us that as we walk in procession to the Church, we too profess our belief that Jesus is our Messiah.

For me the procession today was almost like the Way of the Cross. I found myself asking if I've ever felt Jesus as my Messiah? Did I ever accept Jesus to be my Saviour? Worse still, I realise I've never felt the need for a Saviour at all! I live content with who and what I am, without Jesus! Is it that my 'righteous' living automatically places Jesus at the centre of my life? I have my doubts.

Anyway Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...