Pages

09 March 2020

Lenten penance

Unlike years past, this Lent, I'm following a different strategy: doing something different everyday, rather than giving up something.  The past 10 days have been much of a success and a good enterprise.  Though, there have been a couple of days when I've totally forgotten, what I decided to do in the morning.  No matter how hard I tried to recollect my decision of the morning, I could not remember it at the end of the day - neither did I think/remember it during the day! 

Nonetheless, this procedure of constantly reminding myself of what to do for the day, is helping me do something concretely for others around me - my confreres and mostly my students.  Most of all, it is making me conscious of my own style of relationships and attitudes towards different aspects of life. 

Today's decision was to be kind to a couple of my students (names thought of in my mind) who are particularly getting on my nerves.  Succeeded with 2 of them, failed (quite badly) with a third one!  Well 2/3 is a good score!  At least I did make a conscious effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...