Pages

03 March 2020

Typing and coronavirus

At school today, I saw a student of mine in class typing with two pens, instead of her fingers.  I laughed presuming she is 'safeguarding' herself from contracting the coronavirus.  And when I asked her what is she doing, she replied, "I cannot type with my fingers, because of my nails!"  And then she showed me her nails... each of them long and neatly coated with nailpolish. 

So much for coronavirus! 

I then told her, "For want of a nail, a battle was lost!" Of course, she did not have a clue of what I was talking.  As I walked around the class, observing the students go about their research work, I was wondering what all she would be willing to give up or amend, just to keep her nails intact!

Nonetheless, I could not fault her, because she certainly was really fast typing with the pens in hand!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...