Pages

27 January 2020

Blending spirituality and work

Why Don Bosco appeals to me ... today?

For me, it is his ability to blend spirituality with the most mundane and 'unearthly work', that fascinates me most. He did not 'use' spirituality to counter the difficulties of working with difficult teenagers.  Neither did he 'use' his work for the teenagers as a 'proof' of his spiritual side.  His spiritual dimension blended beautifully with his work for his poor unruly and uneducated boys.  They did not support one another but we in a strange way brought to a sort of union.  It is this splendid integration of the spiritual with the mundane, that appeals me most of Don Bosco... today (later there may be something else that may appeal to me... for Don Bosco, like Christ, never fails to inspire and amaze!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...