Pages

11 February 2015

'Sit' on values

My good friend Cheryl had once stated that every system or structure, after a certain period, during it life cycle would reach a point where there would be only a handful of people upholding it. The vast majority would only be utilising the structure and do nothing substantial to enhance the value or make it really vibrant.  While I held the opinion that the few interested should inspire and motivate the rest to enthuse vibrancy, she was of the opinion that the few should be slaughtered!  Once those who sustain the system are no more, the system would automatically collapse on itself... and from the ruins of those would rise a new vibrant system.  (If a new system does not arise, then it was not worth continuing). It has taken some time for me to realize the truth in this theory.

For most part of my life, I've been 'standing for some values' - that's quite a boast!  What if, I 'sit' for sometime?  

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually listen to Pink Floyd but am doing so tonight for some reason. Their music and lyrics are quite complex and I've never been a very big rock fan so listen occasionally. Some of the stuff must definitely have been written on LSD. There's quite a bit of cynicism in their stuff but political and intelligent. I like some of their songs.

    Anyway, here's one I heard today:

    Us and them
    And after all we're only ordinary men.
    Me and you
    God only knows it's not what we would choose to do.

    'Forward' he cried from the rear
    And the front rank died.
    The general is sat and the lines on the map
    Move from side to side.

    Black and blue
    And who knows which is which and who is who.
    Up and down
    And in the end it's only round and round. And round.

    'Haven't you heard it's a battle of words'
    The poster bearer cried.
    'Listen son' said the man with the gun,
    'There's room for you inside.'

    "Well I mean, they're gonna kill ya, so like, if you give 'em a quick sh...short, sharp shock, they don't do it again. Dig it? I mean he got off light, 'cause I coulda given 'im a thrashin' but I only hit him once. It's only the difference between right and wrong innit? I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

    Down and out
    It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about.
    With, without.
    And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?

    Out of the way, it's a busy day
    I've got things on my mind.
    For want of the price of tea and a slice
    The old man died.
    Songwriters: ROGER WATERS, RICK WRIGHT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...