Pages

09 February 2015

Prayer drought

It is said that when suffering from acute dehydration, one does not feel thirsty.  In fact, such a person hates water! What irony!  What's most essential and needed is the one that's most rejected and abhorred.

For most of my years as a Salesian I've enjoyed the Community day.  It was always an ocassion for introspection and great rejoicing.  On such occasions never felt dry or hesitant to pray for the community.  There was never a difficulty to lift up the community in prayer, "in spite of it being fine"! However today, at a time when of all other times, I feel my community needs prayers, I cannot get myself to pray!  I very well know how badly this community needs to feel God's presence, and yet I am unable to pray for the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...