Pages

14 July 2013

I believe...

What is 'Theism'? Belief in God? Is it just that belief that God exists?  Then what could be 'humanism'? Belief that human beings exist?

This was the concluding point of my chapter on non-theism, as part of the Philosophy of God class.  I was attempting to list the positive aspects of non-theism from a theistic point of view.  On discussing we realised that there ought to be a real deeper understanding of the word 'belief' than it appears!  Or else it wouldn't be in the description of the word theism.

I also reminded the Brothers that belief thus has far reaching meanings, implications and tentacles than just stating the word or reciting the creed... I believe!  Perhaps it basically boils down to propositional faith or existential faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...