Pages

05 July 2013

Bonsai Manager

During my train journey, which was incidently longer than the days of the meeting itself, I got the opportunity to read the book, The Case of the Bonsai Manager, by R. Gopalkrishnan. Interesting reading... though I should say, it starts getting a bit boring half way through. Not that there are no fresh insights... in fact, plenty of them. But one gets used to the style...!

However it was good travel reading. Among the many things I picked up, let me share something funny to begin with...
While learning instructions as to how not to relate to women in pubic while in Arabia, here's the conversation:
... how would the muttawah (religious police) know whether the woman accompanying me was my wife or not, I asked.  With great seriousness in his eye, he said, 'If you seem to enjoy her company, they would know it is not your wife!'
Wow, what a litmus test!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...