Pages

15 August 2012

To be with God

Most often we hear people pray for God to be with us.  However, over the years I've grown in the conviction (though mostly intellectually for now) that God is always with us.  We just need to check whether we are with God or not. Most often we choose to walk our own path and then call for God to be by our side.  Why not initially discern if that is the path that God wants me to follow.  Then I certainly need not "waste" time calling on God; I gladly enjoy his company.  Even otherwise He is always with us...

Here's a quote of Abraham Lincoln to sum up:
My concern is not whether God is on our side. My greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. 

1 comment:

  1. True....very true ... I can be sure of God being with me ...more than I can be sure of being with God...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...