Pages

16 March 2011

Understanding the Brother(s)

Sitting for the evaluation and sharing information and exchanging views of the Brothers offers very valuable insights into the way the Brothers behave in the community. Just one typical case: One is always very angry and at every moment tries the one-up man strategy all the time. He would pull everyone's leg, or rather shut up everyone by making some joke or mockery of those around. During our staff discussion I came to know that the Brother concerned has this in-built anger especially against his relatives who did not help the family in time of need. Given the fact that his father died of AIDS is a grave cause of embarrassment. Furthermore he hails from the 'lower-strata' of society (I'm sorry for using this phrase, but I do not have any other means of conveying what I mean) both economically and socially. Adding two and two, I guess his anger and outbursts to keep everyone around him 'silent' was basically a preemptive attempt to prevent anyone from talking these issues which are delicate for him. He would ensure that all are subdued when he is around, so that his skeletons in the cupboard may rest safe.

Well, I may be wrong myself, but now I'm able to see the various actions, words, behaviour pattern of the Brother in a different light, from a different perspective given these pieces of information. No wonder, formation is a collective effort. Hence the need for formators to have the communication channels among themselves open and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...