Pages

10 March 2011

An adventurous journey

I am safely back at Kondadaba after a dash to Hyderabad (and a crawl back to Vizag!). I accompanied Fr Chacko who was not that too well to Hyderabad. Fr Provincial and Fr Sojan decided that he fly to Hyderabad at the earliest and I was asked to accompany him. I tried to wriggle out as to why accompany on an hour long flight... anyway, I agreed. It took only an hour from Vizag to Hyderabad and even longer from the airport to St Theresa's Hospital. Amazingly one very stark change in Hyderabad which I could not help notice: it is turning out to be a night city. Till 11 am, driving from the airport to Sanathnagar we could not spot a decent coffee shop. Oh, boy Fr Chacko of all things wanted a cup of coffee and there were no shops absolutely open.... till Ameerpet. Wherever I stopped, they would say they'll open up a little later... later than 11 am???

The trip back to Vizag was the most adventurous! I boarded the bus at Imliband bus stand at 8.30 pm yesterday - just reached the bus stand 2 minutes before that. It was scheduled to reach Vizag latest by 10 this morning. However somewhere around midnight it broke down and we were stranded on the highway for three hours till another bus came and took us to Vijayawada. From there, after a two hour wait, we were asked to board another bus which was scheduled to get us to Vizag by 2 in the afternoon. Fortunately there was a traffic jam about 5 kms before Kovur and we were held up on a deserted spot for three hours. We finally made it to Vizag at 6 this evening! Just two hours short of a complete day and night!

Anyway, I was quite sober. Luckily I did not have deadlines or commitments to keep in Vizag for which I had to hurry. Others were not so lucky. So I kept my cool and had a good nap all along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...