Pages

07 February 2011

Feast of Our... Sorrows!

The day before yesterday's night was a big drama! I had almost decided to go to bed as I knew Brothers would not sleep the night and stay on guard. But then when I saw that they were not really able to handle the crowd I stayed up. Then just before mid-night when the hooliganism of the drunk youngsters did not diminish a bit, I took things up in my hand and literally threw out three youngsters on to the main road. I was furious and some of the Brothers with me that night too were frightened. The next phase of the drama began at two in the morning when some more drunkards wanted to enter in. To add to their drunken pleas was a woman who wanted to get her children who were inside (we had closed the gates by 11 pm). Together they wanted the gates to be opened and they let in. And they created quite a bit of ruckus. Anyhow, we managed that too. Then at 4 am some more wanted to come in and have a bath and wash and what not. I did not permit for the place was already full and overflowing. I let them wait and only when those who were up early and finished their wash and bath began to leave, did I let them come in, that too in limited numbers. Whew! What a night!

It was supposed to be the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...