Pages

09 September 2019

Man with a withered hand!

The gospel of the day speaks about the man with a withered hand.  I could not contain my amusement when I was distracted at that very moment by our crucifix behind the altar.  Jesus there on had his finger clipped!  The same was the story with the child Jesus in Mother Mary's arms in the statue of Mary Help of Christians. 





After Mass just to confirm my crazy theory that all our 'Jesus' in the house had a withered hand, that too their left hand, I went around to check on the statues. True to my theory, all - each and every statue we have in the house of Jesus or even that of Mother Mary alone - have their fingers clipped!  The only exception was Jesus in our office - his right hand was withered!!  
  
 So much for the reflection on 'the man with a withered hand'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...