Pages

04 February 2014

Screensaver Religious

Quite a number of religious are like screensavers - don't ask me of what!  They appear good and attractive but that apparent goodness or 'charm' disappears the moment the mouse - in this case, the person - is touched.

I remember another of my favourite quotes, something I heard during my first retreat as a professed Salesian, while at Yercaud...
It is easy to be an angel when nobody ruffles your feathers. 
I am well aware that there is no easy remedy for this 'screensaver' syndrome other than patient cultivation of virtues and a sincere and continued deepening of one's spirituality in the person of Christ. That's easier said than done.  The 'screensaver' is something easy and comfortable - perhaps that's the primary reason most of us, religious or not, settled down with it for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...