Pages

27 May 2013

Detachment is the key

The readings of the day (from Sirach and Mark) speak of repentance (return to him) and charity (go sell all you have). I was wondering what could be the connection between the two values.  What does  repenting from my sins and selling all I possess have in common?  During meditation it struck me that the common denominator here is detachment.  I need to detach myself from all my sins as well as all that keeps me bound.  As long I am detached from anything that binds me, I'm fine.  Anything that binds me, my sins, my attachments to wealth, even clinging to virtues and goodness, is evil.  For all this keeps me away from the one thing that liberates me... the truth.  So long as I tread the path of righteousness and not get stuck with the good that I come across, so long do my chances of meeting the best are alive.  When I'm stuck (whether to evil or goodness), I'm not going to graduate to the Best!  

1 comment:

  1. Casa me boy, a very good connection indeed. Quite zen. But,

    "So long as I tread the path of righteousness and not get stuck with the good that I come across, so long do my chances of meeting the best are alive. When I'm stuck (whether to evil or goodness), I'm not going to graduate to the Best!"

    Why do you say that? why tread the path of righteousness only if we want to do away with clinging? As they say, we cannot attach ourselves to detachment either. Chances are alive as long as you choose to consider them.

    Btw, they are announcing the Good news of salvation in the church again after some centuries!This guy seems to have read the gospels and understood! Seriously seems like a miracle.

    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-05-22/national/39439471_1_pope-francis-vatican-guesthouse-catholics

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...