Some old friends who meet after a long gap, or those who care about me most, knowing my present responsibility in the Province, at times ask how is it going?
Like every responsibility, this role too has its ups and downs. But I firmly believe and have lived out this responsibility like every and any other responsibility I've taken up. This task is no different or special to me. I've never craved for position or honour; so I don't have to constantly carry that burden of retaining the post or seeking approval. But love giving tasks I take up, my best - at least most of the times!
So, honestly, this role is just another of the responsibility. I'd be giving my best, in any responsibility I would have been engaged with. The only question I care about is, if I've giving this task my best. And that I can state, proudly, that I am!
Having said that, one great blessing that I truly am grateful for is that due to this responsibility, I am gaining the experience of engaging in policy decision-making. More than the decisions themselves, the rationale and the process that I let myself be guided by and what I push for. That has been one truly great self-test. Being able to affect policy decisions, have I let myself be guided by the heart and the head. I'd say, more by the head than the heart. But that is what this role demands too! More head, than the heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment